Burdin mill party
On the occasion of the "Journées du patrimoine de pays et des moulins", the Burdin mill opens its doors to the public on Sunday 26 June. All day long, it will be possible to visit this flour mill dating from the 17th century, on a self-guided or guided tour, and to discover hydraulic energy and sustainable energy.
The Burdin Mill
RRestored and fitted out, this old grain mill is activated by an original system of horizontal wheels. Situated between Praranger and Saint-Marcel, the Burdin mill is a pleasant place, full of greenery, which invites you to contemplate and relax.
To get there: in the hamlet of Saint-Marcel, take the road on the left which goes down to the Iles car park (indicated by yellow signs). You can park at the car park of the Islands. From there, it's about a 20-minute walk to the mill.
Course of the day on Sunday 26 June 2022
Around the mill, several animations are planned for young and old:
- Enchanting space with the wind toys: windmills and giant multicoloured animals come to life thanks to the wind
- Mini-farm activities with the goats of Chez pépé Nicolas
- The water instruments garden: young and old alike use water to produce sounds and play music on musical structures such as the Whistling Swing, the Pluviophone, the water harp or the musical mills
- Discovering nature and the ecosystem with the Belleville nature animator
- Quiz on sustainable energy in the Belleville valley
Free country picnic around the mill at 12 noon and syrup bar.
Also this weekend
Saturday 25 June 2022 - Climb to the mountain pastures
Every year, this ancestral ritual kicks off the summer season! Starting from Saint-Martin-de-Belleville, the herd of cows and goats crosses the different villages of the Belleville Valley to reach the Chez Pépé Nicolas mountain pasture 6 km higher. On arrival, a convivial lunch and entertainment.